Friday, September 30, 2011

Bukit Genting Thai Food

Greetings to everyone.. Its been a very long time that I have been absent from the world of blogsphere. Well I have to admit I lost the interest in blogging. But a sudden urge made me felt like blogging again, thus here I am. A short intro about myself "I am just a simple guy living in Penang who enjoys taking nice pictures, tasting nice food, not too geeky, not too dopey and likes to hang around to get to know more people."

Enough for the intro, lets begin with my post. This is about scenery??? No no.... Its absolutely not only about scenery in my blog. Its about a place called Bukit Genting. Genting Highlands??? NO NO NO.. Its Bukit Genting in Penang. Its located somewhere towards the south west of the island. I have long heard about that place but yet to have a chance to visit the place.

There is a Thai Restaurant up at the peak of the hill and I was told the food was worth trying, thus few months back I finally decided to pay the place a visit. I went there around the evening and driving up the hill really requires alot of skill. However it all paid off with a nice view of the sunset.
I would say that the view there is magnificent as you are able to see the whole view of Balik Pulau and if you are lucky enough you will also be able to witness a beautiful sunset.
An order was placed immediately once settled down as the journey to this place made me very hungry. Some of the restaurant's famous dishes were ordered.
As we waited for our food to be served, the perfect sunset view suits as an entertainer to everyone.
The first dish was one of their chef's recomendation "Green Curry Chicken". Well to me it just taste so so only.. I have tasted better ones...
As for this pucha crab, I would say you dont normally get this anywhere. The minced stuffing was filled to the max into the crab's shell and then deep fried. For that price, its kind worth though.
We ordered that style steam fish, I have nothing but awesome for this dish. This fish was very fresh and the time of steaming the fish is just nice and it was not overcooked.
When you are dining in a Thai restaurant, there is something which you definitely have to order which is their Tom Yam. But it was quite a let down as the Tom Yam didnt taste good.
Lastly we ordered their desert, I kinda forget the name already but it taste not bad as its sweet, cooling and refreshing. Overall dinner was ok, the environment was great and the food was ok. However I felt the place got a bit overrated. Dining here will be pleasant minus of the travelling up the hill part. LOL. Thats all for this comeback post of mine. Till the next post...See ya.....

0 comments:

Advertisment

About Me

Recent Visitor

Cbox

Networked Blogs

Search

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP